Monday, April 14, 2008

Why we (pay to) live in Southern California...


This post is by no means meant to flaunt the beautiful lifestyle that is ours in San Diego, but merely remind ourselves how blessed we truly are to live here. Summer has always been my favorite time of year and I am always thrilled when it comes early...even for just one perfect weekend surprise. We were able to experience San Diego at its finest even at 90 degrees and higher. Our weekend was filled with trips to doggie parks and beaches, swims in the ocean and roof-top BBQs with good friends. (Guinnie grew his swimming legs this weekend when dad took him out into the ocean waist deep and let him swim back to shore...I have never seen 4 little legs work so hard, but I have to say he is quite an excellent swimmer!) Our weekend ended on the roof-top of our little downtown abode staring at the beautiful San Diego skyline and clear starry sky as planes flew overhead descending upon our coastal runways. As we sat out enjoying the perfect evening in typical SD attire (shorts, tank top, rainbow flops and lightly sun-kissed cheeks) I couldn't help but be reminded that the benefit truly does outweigh the cost! :)

3 comments:

Paellaboy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. You guys are so lucky to live right by the beach.

Melinda said...

Fabulous imagery! I almost felt like I was there...then I looked outside and saw the wind ripping the leaves off of the trees. :)

Can't wait to visit!

KarieK said...

Ok, every time I get sad about leaving Spain I'm going to read your blog and remind myself how excited I am to come back to San Diego!!
Spain or San Diego... Hmm... I really can't lose either way! We are blessed, aren't we? :)