Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Little Things - Week 1: The Swiffer Sweeper



Ok, so yes I have been told by many (many times over) that I must have been sleepin' on the Swiffer Sweeper because it has been around for FOREVER and they just can't believe that I have never used it and am just now finding it...blah blah blah. Yes, I am just now finding it, but I believe that is part of the joy I now find in the Swiffer Sweeper. The true comfort that I find in this beautifully simple piece of machinery is directly related to my utter hatred for your common broom and dustpan or germ infested mop. Hatred, yes that is a strong term. Maybe frustration is more accurate (and less harsh); let's go with frustration. If you have come into contact with me, you are probably familiar with my highly detailed, borderline anal..let's just call it what it is...perfectionistic side that rears its ugly head from time to time. I would actually experience internal angst knowing what my broom was leaving behind and I probably shouldn't get started on the huge production that used to be mopping. Now (all thanks to the Swiffer Sweeper) I can bid adieu to that which has been the source of so many sleepless nights and channel that energy to things more productive...like how to remove all the dust from each indiividual blind in under 4 hours...

No comments: